Garrard County is Open for Business!
Garrard County 2010 Market Feasibility Study
Summary of feasibility findings:
Based on the data contained in this report and upon all pertinent data available to us as of July 22, 2010, it is our conclusion that the following proposed super markets (grocery stores), proposed restaurants and proposed limited service hotel appear to be marginally feasible from a market standpoint.
- GROCERY: E.W. James & Sons, IGA, or Save-A-Lot, a Supervalu Inc division were identified as a potential super market (grocery store)
- RESTAURANTS: Reno’s Roadhouse, Beef ‘O’ Brady’s, Copper River Grill, Culver’s, Huddle House, Pizza Hut, Snappy Tomato Pizza, or Gondolier Pizza were identified as potential restaurants
- LODGING: 40 room Limited Service Hotel to be located at one of the proposed sites
The potential restaurants and potential super markets (grocery stores) and their respective site selections were based on population, density of population, average and median household income levels, traffic counts, availability of suitable existing leasable
commercial space, package and restaurant alcohol sales permitted, site location proximity to other national retailers, restaurants, and businesses and direct communication with franchisors, territory franchisees or companies.
Garrard County on Facebook
Garrard County Commercial and Industrial Opportunities
Lancaster-Garrard Industrial Development Authority: Contacts and Resources
90 Acres Available at Lancaster-Garrard Industrial Park
4 Acres Available at Lancaster-Garrard Health Park
Realtors and Available Property in Garrard County
Garrard County Business Highlights
Here is a partial listing of businesses and industries in Garrard County.
Garrard County in the News
Garrard County is part of Bluegrass South, a ten-county region of vibrant, progressive communities in Central Kentucky strategically positioned between the Louisville and Lexington metro areas.
Economic Development Links
Entrepreneurial and Venture Resources
Development Institutes and Resources
Government Resources and Information
Export and Import Trade Sites
Other Resources and Information
Efficient Tech Tools to Help You Run Your Business
- Dropbox is a service that is as straightforward as it is easy to use. It lets you store and share files online. Use it to back up important documents. You get 2 GB of space for free, or you can pay for as much as $20 per month for 100 GB.
- Evernote is your scrapbook that's accessible from anywhere. Use it to keep track of your ideas, pictures, or anything else you like across all platforms: iPhone, Android, desktop, and tablet. You'll never forget anything again!
- Google Apps is a web-based suite that offers collaboration and communication tools for businesses. Share documents in real time and take advantage of their Gmails amazing storage. And best of all, everything is supported by Google for a minimal fee: $50 per year per user. That means you can save a lot on maintenance and IT costs.
- Lemon POS is an indispensable tool for the small retailer. It is open source point-of-sale software that operates exactly like POS software at major stores like Best Buy and Barnes & Noble, giving your retail location a more professional image.
- NeoOffice is a port of OpenOffice that has been optimized for Mac users. It features many speed improvements, stability, and it's free.
- OpenOffice is a fully-loaded productivity suite that easily fills the shoes of more expensive software. For those wishing there was a free version of Microsoft Office, this is it.
- PhpBMS will organize sales orders and track your interactions with clients, both current and prospective. You can send invoices, track orders, and track sales.
- SugarCRM is a consolidated tool for managing task lists, updating calendars, and sharing information in general. There's no reason not to try it. The same software is used by major companies like Coca Cola, Men's Wearhouse, and H&R Block.
Kentucky Business Incentives and Financial Programs
For hundreds of Kentucky job listings allowing you to work remotely from your home, you can browse the KentuckyTeleworks website, or explore these links: